Coaches are the key on-ice teacher for our kids, so it's important we have enough high quality coaches to help our kids develop to the best of their ability in a fun, safe environment.
COACH CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
All coaching requirements and certifications must be completed by November 15 of the season year and you must have a valid Criminal Record Check (CRC) and Vulnerable Sector check (VSS) BEFORE the start of the season.
The RCMP in Didsbury stop accepting and processing coach applications for the summer, so if you can't get it before you apply it's not a problem. Apply now to register your interest in coaching and then you can obtain your CRC and VSS check closer to the start of the season and hand it to the coach coordinator during season start-up.
These are the basic requirements to become a coach:
- Criminal record check and Vulnerable Sector Check completed by Didsbury RCMP detachment
- Respect in Sport for Hockey Canada Activity Leaders
In addition, depending on the program you intend to coach for, Hockey Alberta maintain a list of coaching requirements.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying to Carstairs Minor Hockey to become a coach, here's what to do:
- Obtain your Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check from Didsbury RCMP (this takes about 7 days and you'll need this RCMP Coaches Letter.2022-2023
- Gather together all of your documents including your completed criminal record check, coaching certificates, Respect in Sport certificate and NCCA number (if applicable)
- Complete our online registration form (no fees are due when applying to be a coach)
- Once you have completed your online application, our coach coordinator will be in contact to discuss your application closer to the beginning of the season.
The cost of coach certifications can add up quickly, therefore we are able to reimburse you for the cost of the coaching certifications required. Please speak to the coaching coordinator for further information.
If you have any questions, please contact our coach coordinator.
Once the season has started, use these goal sheets to find out what your players and parents are looking for from the season. Thanks to Robbi Spady for sharing!