This page is all about getting your child's registration complete and paying your fees. Check out the other pages in the Parents section for information on programs (including fees), how and when to pay and financial assistance.
We have introduced four special COVID-19 supports to help families during this difficult time:
- Payment is NOT required at the time of registration
- All registration fees must be paid in full by January 31, 2021 (pushed back from October 31, 2020)
- Families can opt to pay their fees on up to 10 months by credit card automatically or manually send 10 payments via e-transfer or mail in 10 post-dated cheques
- If the season is cancelled for any reason, you will get a full refund on all fees paid
As a side note, if you need help with finances - please reach out to our president or treasurer and we will everything we can to help get your kids on the ice during these incredibly difficult times.
STEP 1 - RESPECT IN SPORT FOR HOCKEY PARENTS (RIS)
- New to hockey?
Visit Respect in Sport for Hockey Canada Parents to complete the online course (cost is $12 and takes about an hour)
- Done your Respect in Sport course, but have a new child joining this year?
Log in to your RIS account, select Profile, select Child Management and add the details for your new-to-hockey child. You will receive a new HCR ID on screen and you can use that to register your new-to-hockey child
- Existing certificate expired?
Re-certify your RIS certificate every four seasons
- Do you know your child's Hockey Canada Registration (HCR) ID?
If you don't know your child HCR ID, follow these instructions and note it down.
STEP 2 - COMPLETE MEDICAL FORM
- Download and fill in the Hockey Canada Medical Information Form
- Complete the form electronically, or manually fill it in, then scan in to a PDF using a scan app (like Office Lens or Adobe Scan). Please don't take a pictures, they don't come out clearly enough. You'll be asked to upload it during the registration process.
Note: You can't proceed any further until you have completed the last two steps - you need a valid Respect In Sport certificate, your child's hockey canada (HCR) ID and a completed medical form before moving to the next step
STEP 3 - REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT
- If your child is entering first year U7 (Tyke), you'll need to send a "Moving up to U7 (Tyke)!" email to our registrar. Our registrar will transfer your child and will let you know when you're clear to proceed to registration
- There are two registration forms (don't worry, you only use one!):
- Use this one for Pre-Hockey and Pond Hockey programs
- Use this one for U7, U9 and U11 Pathway (formerly Tyke, Novice and Atom) programs
Register now and spread the cost!! Don't forget that payments can be made by e-transfer and/or cheques - you don't have to pay instantly during registration. You can spread the cost over many payments - as long as all fees are paid in full by January 31, 2021. We have many families that have registered and then they send an e-transfer each payday to help spread the cost.
STEP 4 - VOLUNTEER COMMITMENT CHEQUE for U7, U9 AND U11 PATHWAY
- You will need to provide one volunteer cheque for the amount of $300 for first child + $100 for each subsequent child, post-dated for March 31, 2020. You only need to provide one cheque and counter cheques are accepted (these are the ones you can obtain from your branch)
- You can mail this to Box 773, Carstairs, AB, T0M 0N0 or you can provide this during the first couple of weeks of hockey (during evaluations), there is a drop-box in the arena hockey office (this is the door that is close to the referee room at the top of the change room corridor)
- Your cheque must be received before your child can be assigned to a team
- No volunteer cheques are required for Pre-Hockey and Pond Hockey
GOOD TO KNOW
- Early bird deadline is June 30, 2020 at 11:59pm MT. Regular prices will apply from July 1, 2020
- Pay careful attention to the names you're entering into the fields - CHILD details first, PARENT details later down in the screen
If you have any questions about registration, send an email to our awesome registrar!